Saturday 13 November 2010

V.I.P. Table at Holy Family School

The highlight of my week was to be invited to Holy Family RCP as one of two V.I.P.'s on the top table at lunch. This came from my work in the school a couple of weeks earlier, when I received this wonderful letter from the Headteacher, Helen Arnold "Dear Ray, I am writing to thank you for your recent visits to our school this week as part of our Book Week activities. The children in Key Stages 1 & 2 had a wonderful time. You brought the books to life for them and your visit really was a highlight of the week.
We look forward to planning visits to Balderstone Library in the spring term for the Key Stage 2 children and we hope to see you then.
Once again, many thanks for a truly engaging and stimulating experience for the children into the world of literature."

For the V.I.P. Lunch pupils had been chosen to join us and staff waited on table. Apart from an excellent lunch the company was brilliant. All the children were spellbound by the occasion which was really special. Although a one off at the moment it may well happen again. I asked Shane, sat next to me which other V.I.P.'s he would invite next time. "I don't really know any V.I.P's apart from you"
"Well, How about celebrities then?"
"CHERYL COLE!"

No comments: